As you’ve probably heard, the movie Fifty Shades of Grey is opening in theaters tomorrow. It’s not a movie we at Satisfaction Through Christ recommend you see, so we thought we’d provide you with some ideas of things you and your husband, kids, friends, or church family can do together instead.
Here are 50 alternatives to seeing Fifty Shades of Grey. Have fun!
2. Snuggle up under the covers and read the Old Testament book of Song of Solomon with your husband.
3. Invite your Sunday School class or small group over for desserts and fellowship.
4. Visit a local tourist attraction you’ve never been to before.
5. Volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center.
6. Go antiquing.
7. Go on a miniature golf date with your husband.
8. Have a snowball fight- parents versus kids.
9. Invite another couple to go to a canvas painting place.
10. Play Twister.
11. Re-read your favorite book.
12. Go for a mother-daughter mani/pedi.
13. Fingerpaint with the kids.
14. Take a nap.
15. Cook dinner with your husband.
16. Plan a family game night.
17. Have a pillow fight.
18. Go shopping with the girls.
19. Schedule a family photo session.
20. Roast marshmallows over the fire.
21. Bake cookies for some of the shut-ins in your church.
22. Trade skills. Teach your husband how to do a small task he doesn’t know how to do (make a pie crust, fold a fitted sheet…) and let him teach you how to do something (change a tire, tie a tie…).
23. Play frisbee at the park as a family.
24. Play with your pet.
25. Hand out tracts and share the gospel at the mall.
26. Babysit for a single mom.
27.Get out the play dough and play with the kids.
28. Plan a family hike.
29. Host a Bible study in your home.
30. Get the whole family cuddled up on the couch and take turns with your husband telling “when I was a kid” stories to the kids.
31. Clean out a closet.
32. Watch a (clean) romantic movie with your husband.
33. Have a family haiku-writing contest.
34. Play video games with the kids.
35. Jump on a trampoline.
36. Invite a couple for dinner that you and your husband would like to get to know better.
37. Binge watch your favorite classic TV series.
38. Pray for and write a letter to a missionary as a family.
39. Check out a class or community event at your local library.
40. Plan a family vacation.
41. Reorganize your kitchen cabinets.
42. Get some friends together to sing a few hymns at a nursing home.
43. Write and exchange love letters with your husband.
44. Have a tickle fight.
45. Go out to dinner at a restaurant you’ve never tried before.
46. Get a facial.
47. Gather some girlfriends and volunteer at a battered women’s shelter.
48. Get a couple’s massage.
49. Flip through old photo albums with the kids.
50. Take a bubble bath.
Can you think of some other fun activities?
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- 23 Things I’ve Learned in 23 Years of Marriage - December 29, 2015
- The Shepherds’ Gospel - December 22, 2015
- Christian Cyber Monday Deals You Probably Haven’t Heard About but Don’t Want to Miss! - November 30, 2015