10 Ways to Feel Beautiful Inside and Out
I have changed my mind several times this week regarding what I wanted to write about for today. I considered writing about spiritual warfare, not being easily offended, and even how silence can improve your walk with God. However, I just couldn’t get it together! Then it dawned on me. What do I do when I feel like I don’t have it together? I like to do something to make myself feel beautiful inside and out! So here are some tips that work for me, and hopefully some of them will work for you as well!
10 Ways to Feel BEAUTIFUL Inside & Out (in no particular order):
1. Soak up some Vitamin D. Make that phone call outside. Read that book outside. Watch that video or listen to that podcast outside.
2. Keep your mouth shut. It’s that simple. If what comes out of your mouth may be questionable then keep it shut!
3. Spend one on one time with your child. Put away the cell phone and other distractions and look at the smile on your child’s face. You helped create that smile.
4. Say “Thanks”. Tell God why you are thankful. Praise Him for His daily mercies and grace!
5. Mascara. Yes, girl, put on that mascara. Do it big with 2 or 3 coats. These are some of my favorites: Jordana Best Lash Extreme , Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies , L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Dramatic Lengthening and Intensifying . When it comes to lashes, my motto is “Go big or go home”!
6. Don’t eat out of habit or boredom. Don’t eat if you’re not hungry! This one is huge for me.
7. Drink coffee or tea out of a fun mug. In my free time, I love to peruse the aisles of Goodwill for a coffee mug that speaks to me! It’s inexpensive and makes me smile in the morning.
9. Organize. Making a list of things to do for the day or week makes me feel like I’m doing something. Organize your cabinets, your spices, your mail, your kid’s clothes, etc. I always feel a little more productive after I spend time organizing.
10. Forgive. Ugh, I know. It’s not easy especially if you’re really hurt. It doesn’t happen instantaneously either most times. Just spend a few minutes asking God to help you forgive. I’m sure there is someone you are harboring something against. After all, God did forgive us 🙂
What is something you do that makes you feel BEAUTIFUL?