Homemade Pumpkin Bread Recipe
It’s almost that time of year again! The season of scarves, boots, sweaters, and anything with pumpkin in it! I would say this is my favorite time of year, but my birthday is on Christmas Day sooo Christmas is actually my favorite time 🙂 but Fall is a close second. There is something about the crisp air and colorful leaves that leave me in awe of God and His creativity with the season changes. And with the season change, my recipe box changes. This is probably my husband’s most anticipated food that I make. When I mention pumpkin bread his eyes light up and after I bake it, it probably last 2 days in our house. So here is my version of Pumpkin Bread, just thinking about it makes me want to cozy up with a good book and some coffee.
What you will need:
15 ounce can/box of Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cup of Water
3 Cups of Sugar
3.5 Cups of All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
1.5 Teaspoons of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
This mixture makes (2) 9×5 or (3) 7×3 loaf pans.
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar in a large in a mixing stand or use an electric hand mixer until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Then, add in the dry ingredients a little at a time to the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to Pumpkin mixture.
5. Flour (3) 7×3 loaf pans, pour mixture in each pan and bake around 50-60 minutes. Check on the bread after 45 minutes to see how the bread is doing, sometimes I need to bake it longer than 50 minutes and other times I take it out early.
6. After you take it out of the oven, get some butter and rub it on the top of the bread. The butter soaks into the bread which adds extra yumminess.
You won’t be able to wait until the bread cools because it will smell so divine that you’ll want to slice it right up!
Do you have a favorite Pumpkin recipe? Share in the comments below!