We as Christians are brothers and sisters in Christ. We are the body!
As long as we are here on this earth, we will all have different opinions, feel, think, see, do and believe differently. The trouble is, how do we handle those differences? Do we lash out in anger or hatred “all in the name of the Lord?” or do we speak with compassion?
We can express our different opinions with love without being condemning, hateful and downright ugly but we simply choose not to, plain and simple.
Do we have His eyes and heart to see the world with compassion? Do we love like He loves? Do we care for the weak and weary like Jesus does? Do we have the passion to be the one person that will spark another to do right for the Lord?
All it takes is one spark! Often we are the only picture of Christ that some people will ever see.
So, my heart wonders what picture of Christ we are showing to people every day.
Do they see us reaching out and helping or do they see us shaking our heads saying “you made your bed now stay there?”
Do they see us reaching down to help someone up or us kicking those that are already down?
Do they see us doing our part to spread the word about the eternal Love of Christ or are we keeping all of heaven’s treasures for ourselves?
Do they see us handling ourselves as Jesus would or do they see us being anything but Christ like?
How can we be the strong chain of strength that helps support each other, instead of the weakest link in the body?
- Support your Pastor and let him know just how valuable his leadership is. There is no reason why you shouldn’t let him know this monthly. Cards, gift cards etc.
- Use encouraging words and verses freely. Twitter, Facebook and other social media avenues are amazing to reach large groups of people at once.
- Give your time, talents and treasures to your local church. Don’t be stingy with any part of these.
- Encourage your Small Group Leader or Sunday School teacher. They need to know that their efforts touch hearts too.
- Pay close attention to the elderly and children around you. Don’t just forget about them. Shower them with love and attention.
- Give cards of encouragement freely and often! Encourage your brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Welcome everyone into your congregation. EVERYONE! A warm smile, gentle hug or handshake will do wonders to make people feel welcome.
- When you greet people in your congregation, greet them by name as it will help new people to remember names easier.
- Sing out. Sing. When your heart is troubled, sing praises to Him.
- Before the Sunday Service (or any service), pray and ask God to bless your heart from HIS word and then expect to receive a blessing.
- Encourage your children to learn Bible Verses. Learn verses with them. You never know when this will strengthen someone else.
Remember, WE are the body!
Keep reaching, keep telling others about HIS amazing grace & sacrifice, try, daily to reach someone for the Lord and keep being the best picture of Jesus ever!
Your voice in daily life and here on the web is another chance to touch ONE MORE SOUL! Use it! Use your resources!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this topic. How are you showing other believers the true love of Christ? What about Non-Believers?
Are you teaching your children to live and love like Christ? Or do they immediately point out the negative things they see about others?