|DIY Faux Potted Grass – Simple. Elegent. & Did I Mention Inexpensive?|
It’s a beautiful picture isn’t it? Much like those gorgeous spring mantles that the Martha-esque blogs produce every year. A touch of wicker and galvanized metal, an antique mirror, flowers by the dozens and mossy greens galore. You’ve seen them, right? Gorgeous, and they cost a fortune, much like the faux potted grasses that are intended for green decor year after year.
Consider this miniature potted grass decoration. It’s only 18 inches, but retails for $70.00! Well, as much as I love living and artificial greens in my home, that price tag simply isn’t in the budget.
|Photo Credit: Linens-N-Things|
So I’ve created my own, adorable, extra springy faux potted grasses, for pennies. Really and truly, I did not purchase a single new item for these creations, I simply dug into my craft stash of leftover materials. DIY is so very much like a recipe, so here are your ingredients!
- empty container (I used recycled snack/breakfast containers from my kitchen)
- floral stems (I had some leftover, after removing the blossoms. Pluck the fake blooms and save them for another project! Extra thin twigs, spray painted green will also work!)
- fabric scraps or packaging material
- dried moss (I used reindeer moss)
- twine, yarn, or ribbon of your choice
- hot glue gun and hot glue