Never Satisfied

Are you ever satisfied?

I mean truly satisfied?

Satisfied with what you have, satisfied in Christ, satisfied with life?

I don’t know that we truly can be.

It’s a sad thought, isn’t it?  To think that no matter what we’re blessed with, the things we have, the amount of money we bring in; we’ll never be truly satisfied.

I’ve been longing lately.  Longing for a more intimate relationship with Christ.  I want to feel him, I want to experience him…intimately.  All.the.time!

I’ve had some extremely intimate moments with the Lord and I’ve had some real God moments.

This little girl led me on the most intimate and real encounter with the Lord!  One that I will never forget and one that I want to experience daily.  It was pure satisfaction.  Even in the fear of the unknown and the craziness of her birth, I was completely satisfied in knowing that the Lord had control!
Do you find that your most intimate times are when you need Him?  What about when things are good; you can handle it on your own, right?
No!  Handling it on your own leads to dissatisfaction.  It leads to your want and  your desires, instead of His will and His glory.
I don’t want to be dissatisfied, ever!
And I know the solution.
It’s Him!  It’s salvation!
Until one comes to know the Lord in a personal and intimate relationship, you will be dissatisfied.  Satisfaction through Christ is the only true satisfaction we will ever know!
Are you a believer but don’t feel like you’re in right relationship with Him?  Let’s commit to our daily bible study and prayer time.  Let’s not neglect being around other believers.  Ask the Lord to give you a more intimate relationship with Him!
Do you find yourself dissatisfied?  Do you want to know what Satisfaction through Christ means?  Contact me!  I’d love to share Him with you!

The following two tabs change content below.
Christie is a stay-at-home mom to two beautiful little girls, a pastor's wife, and lover of Jesus. Her hope is that STC would be a source of encouragement for women all over the world!

Latest posts by Christie (see all)

Comments

1. Megan says

So true! Unfortunately the most intimate times are often when we’re having hard times. When things are going good, we often “forget about” God. One Thousand Gifts that I’ve been reading points out that our biggest fall is ingratitude. I think this is so true. As (American) humans, we’re never satisfied with what we have. Even though we have so much more than so many people, it’s never enough. This is something I’m really trying to fight against.

• Christie says

You’re right, Megan! When things are good, we don’t “need” Him, right!? It drives me crazy! But, as I’ve grown in my walk I’ve realized how much I long for Him, even in the good times!

Christie

2. says

What a great and inspiring post. I agree that there are so many of us who often feel dissatisfied. I find myself yo-yoing all the time with that. I get an idea and begin to “WANT” it so much that I just lose sight of all the things I currently have around me.

I’m a new follower from the friday hop. Glad I found you. = )

Irish
    Dedicated2life.com

• Christie says

Thanks for stopping by, Irish! Glad to have you!

Yes, it’s amazing how the things of this world can keep our eyes and hearts OFF of Him!

Christie

3. says

Thank you for your wonderful post. There are times I can feel His presence so strongly that its downright thrilling. Other times I know He’s there, but I can’t seem to feel that closeness. It is in these times that I realize I have let go of His hand. I am nothing without Him. I want to be on my knees looking up at my sweet Jesus and resting in the KNOWING that He never leaves me. It is I who looks away. Yes, true satisfaction comes through obedience and surrender.

4. says

Stopping by from the Friendly Friday blog hop to say thanks for linking up with us! I’m not religious, but I still found your blog post inspiring, even if we share differing views 🙂

5. Paula Miller says

Just look at the adorable grin :))

Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!!
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

6. mail4rosey says

I agree that you should find time to be close to God even when things are going good.

Love the baby pic, what a real cute baby girl. 🙂

7. says

It is amazing I came over to visit your blog from Tea on Tuesday and I had just posted a blog about my relationship with Christ just hours ago. About being confused and not knowing what is going on with my relationship with God. I think you are exactly right there is no satisfaction without God.
    Love
    Patricia @ http://www.thettdiaries.com

We're eager to hear your thoughts! --Let's chat--